Friday, November 16, 2012

Frankfurt in Photos

Now that I've somewhat recovered and the week's about over, reckon I'll do an Update from my 72-hour trip to Germany last weekend for the MTV EMAs. It just goes to show that the last 5+ years of being a boring old banker does have its perks...this being the greatest of them by a long, long shot. From the minute we stepped off the plane in Frankfurt, each and every minute was planned out and paid for by my client: wine tastings, tours, Michelin star rated restaurants and of course the show, which was incredible and definitely the coolest thing I've ever done. Here's a collection of low-quality iphone photos to summarize the highlights...although I only got a few from the actual show before my phone died. Not sure if it's because it's part of my heritage, the warm comfort food, cleanliness of each city, intelligent people (that all speak English and therefore make my life easier) or what but absolutely love Germany.
{Schloss Johannisburg Winery}

{known for their Riesling...which did not disappoint} 

{lunch at the winery: duck, red cabbage and those potato dumpling/ball things that I wish they made in America}

{2003 1er Cru Chablis}

{dinner night 1: Restaurant Francais at Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof}
{a Michelin star meal: butternut pumpkin/curry/scallop soup, oxcheeks w/ périgord truffle, creme brulee w/ spiced apple & nougat ice cream and a variety of chocolate truffles all paired with a 2006 Bordeaux}


{the cute historic town of Heidelberg}
{Heidelberg Castle tour}
{the river Rhine}

{a Heidelberg bakery: what are those puffs of goodness up top?!}

{dinner night 2: Kofler & Kompanie's Villa Merton}

{of course another Michelin star meal: beet juice w/ goat cheese & elderflower on fried spaghetti, salmon first course, veal main course and a double chocolate ice cream / mousse w/ pear and granola for dessert}

{Alicia Keys 'Girl on Fire'}

{No Doubt}

{Taylor Swift}

2 comments:

  1. I love Frankfurt! I went a few years back and it looks like you had tons of fun!


    iambornlippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am ridiculously jealous. so nice you had such an expertly curated experience. i want to eat all of the things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...