Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Six Summer Salads

Black Rice Salad w/ Mango and Peanuts
Summer is officially here and based on the 94°-97° forecast, looks like it's going to slap NYC in the face today. I'm not sure about you but when temperatures start creeping up in triple-digit land, the last thing I want to eat is something hot and I'm pretty much burnt out on regular lettuce salads after eating them five days a week for the last five years. Here are six refreshing summer salad recipes from Bon Appetit that I plan on trying to switch it up a little over the next couple months.

Brown Rice Salad w/ Crunch Sprouts and Seeds
Black Barley, Fennel, and Radish Salad
Curried Spelt Salad
Quinoa Tabbouleh
Basmati Rice and Summer Vegetable Salad

1 comment:

  1. All of these look healthy and delicious; Thanks for the cooking inspiration! I'm a new follower:)
    xo, Chelsea
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...