Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Design DIY - How Bazaar

Materials:
- 8 x 10 Picture Frames: The pictured are from Bed, Bath & Beyond (4 for $20) but Kmart has cheaper (~$3/piece).
- Old magazine covers: I picked up this magazine at a Borders going out of business sale for $1.
- Hammer: If you can't find a heavy duty floral one like below, you'll be fine with a normal one.
- Nails: No comment.

I tried to pick out covers that went with the overall color scheme of my apartment, ones where the date had some sort significance or simply those that I liked. Rip them out of the magazine, being careful not to tear. You will have to fold a tiny bit on the top or bottom edges to fit in the frames but I didn't lose anything significant by doing so. Next space the framed covers an inch or inch and a half apart into whatever size matrix you like on your wall. For a grand total of $41 (actually about $45 with tax) and less than an hour of my time, this little DIY project really brightens up my shoebox apartment.
xx,
Shanelé


4 comments:

  1. perfect timing for my post tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! found your blog through audrey :) love it. now following! xoxo jillian:: enter in TWO GIVEAWAYS over at cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. So i just stalked Audrey's blog, as usual, and saw her post on your apartment. One word:amazing. I love it! I just hope I can utilize space as you have once we make the move from the burbs into the city this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...