Sunday, March 13, 2011

Parisian Sheek

I've only been to Paris once and it was over five years ago.  It was undoubtedly one of the most beautiful 
places I've ever been but what I liked most: the fashion. The Lonny Magazine has a new feature on Ines de le Fressange's book Parisian Chic: A Style Guide due out April 5th. Until then, I will leave you with the 10 ways to dress like a Parisian. 

My top three are numbers 7, 8 and 10 but I really like the underlying message here: don't overdo it. We've all done it...and you know when you see it: curly up-do, fancy dress, bedazzled in gaudy earrings, necklace, bracelets, rings and [god forbid] a tiara. The high/low looks this list describes has been mastered by one of my biggest fashion icons and creative director at J. Crew, Jenna Lyons, seen here. Whether she's in army pants and a sequin top or boyfriend jeans and with fancy heels, she always looks awesome.  And I need her closet.
xx,
Shanelé


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...